Recipe by bigbadbrenda
You can use a milk chocolate instead of dark. I received the recipe with a box of these truffles as a gift.Some were rolled in coconut.
Top Review by Darkhunter
I am on such a chocolate high! Couldn't resist tasting and, oh my, they are quite tasty! Had to make non-alcoholic for myself, but used OJ and zest, as suggested by Um Safia. My hips will never be the same, Captain bbb! My new favorite for the Christmas trays. Thnx for posting, Bren. Made for ZWT4.
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur or 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1 3⁄4 ounces grated chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate with the liqueur in a double boiler; stir until well blended.
- Add the butter stir until melted.
- Stir in the almonds and sugar.
- Leave mixture in a cool place until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Put the grated chocolate on a plate and roll the balls in the chocolate to coat them.
- Put the truffles in paper candy cups and chill.
- Will keep for 2 weeks in a cool place.