Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can use a milk chocolate instead of dark. I received the recipe with a box of these truffles as a gift.Some were rolled in coconut.
- Melt chocolate with the liqueur in a double boiler; stir until well blended.
- Add the butter stir until melted.
- Stir in the almonds and sugar.
- Leave mixture in a cool place until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Put the grated chocolate on a plate and roll the balls in the chocolate to coat them.
- Put the truffles in paper candy cups and chill.
- Will keep for 2 weeks in a cool place.
I am on such a chocolate high! Couldn't resist tasting and, oh my, they are quite tasty! Had to make non-alcoholic for myself, but used OJ and zest, as suggested by Um Safia. My hips will never be the same, Captain bbb! My new favorite for the Christmas trays. Thnx for posting, Bren. Made for ZWT4.
ZWT4: I loved these decadent melt in your mouth treats!! I made 2 batches and used DiSarrento Amaretto in one batch and Contrieau orange liqueur in another batch!! AWESOME!
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! I couldn't resist making these! In the end I doubled the recipe & made 1/3 with a combination of almond extract & chocolate syrup, 1/3 with Camp Coffee & 1/3 with orange juice & 1/2 tsp of zest. They turned out brilliant & I boxed some up to give as gifts! Thanks for a great recipe :)