Top Review by Bonnie Corigliano
This was the most difficult dough I ever worked with. I only added about 8 cups of flour when I could not mix any more. I ended up throwing the whole thing away and even that was difficult getting it out of the bowl.
- 1⁄2 lb butter (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 lb vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, unbeaten
- 2 cups milk
- 14 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 lb cocoa (small can)
- 1 package large nuts, chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, then cream shortening.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well until smooth consistency.
- Roll a golf-ball size amount of batter into a ball.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees about 25 minutes.
- Keep checking to see if they are not too doughy, or too done.
- Frost with white frosting.
- Italian White Frosting: Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar and juice. Stir until completely mixed.
- Dip chocolate cookies into frosting mixture upside down, holding onto bottom.
- Place on waxed paper until frosting dries.
- When dried, put into covered containers.
- Makes enough frosting for approximately 10 dozen cookies.