My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb butter (1 cup)
- 3/4 lb vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, unbeaten
- 2 cups milk
- 14 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 lb cocoa (small can)
- 1 package large nuts, chopped
- 1Cream butter, then cream shortening.
- 2Add sugar and mix.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and mix well until smooth consistency.
- 4Roll a golf-ball size amount of batter into a ball.
- 5Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees about 25 minutes.
- 6Keep checking to see if they are not too doughy, or too done.
- 7Frost with white frosting.
- 8Italian White Frosting: Beat egg whites until stiff.
- 9Add sugar and juice. Stir until completely mixed.
- 10Dip chocolate cookies into frosting mixture upside down, holding onto bottom.
- 11Place on waxed paper until frosting dries.
- 12When dried, put into covered containers.
- 13Makes enough frosting for approximately 10 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (4310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 73.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g