Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are a much better version of the old recipe that made a dry cookie,these are never dry and a big hit. Our famil has been making them this way for years. They are also very easy
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients.Form into 1 inch balls and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 8 to 10 min at 350. When cooled frost the tops with white or choc icing.
These turned out nicely. I cut down on the cloves, and used 1/2 bag of chocolate chips instead of the nuts. I also sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar and pressed with the bottom of a drinking glass to give them a flatter outcome (just personal preference!!) Very quick and yummy!