Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 8 mins
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot Italian chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans (I prefer S&W)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- pecorino romano cheese, grated for serving
- garlic cheese crouton, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sprinkle salt. Add beef, sausage and Italian seasoning. Cook until meats are browned. Drain drippings.
- In a large pot over medium high heat add browned meats, peppers and onion, cook until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, chili beans, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin. Simmer for 1 hour. Add parsley, stir well to combine.