Recipe by DJM
From a 70's Woman's Day or Family Circle. Good for dinner on a hot day. Serve with garlic toasts.
Top Review by Queenofcamping
I found out last minute that I needed to bring something to a meeting tonight and it was italian night. I found this and had all the ingredients but was afraid how it would go over. It was wonderful. This salad was the talk of the meeting and I was assigned salad duty for all meetings now. I used rasberry blush vinegar(did not have any red wine) and put shredded chicken in it and used sun dried tomatoes instead of fresh. It did not need cheese. Everyone loved the dressing. I will make this often.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 (20 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 -6 cups mixed greens
- 4 ounces cooked meat or 4 ounces cheese, cut into strips
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered