Recipe by greengirl512
I'm making this tonight-posted for the nutrition info. From the Sonoma Diet. The original recipe calls for cannellini, but I have Great Northern so that's what I'm using.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Add chicken; season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl stir together tomatoes, chicken broth, wine, and Italian seasoning. Pour over mixture in cooker. I'll bet you could make this with dry beans also, adding them here and maybe increasing the broth a little.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 31/2 hours. Turn off cooker and stir in beans. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.Unless, of course, you added dry beans at the beginning-then skip this step.
- Using a slotted spoon, move chicken and vegetables to a serving dish, saving the cooking liquid. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with cooking liquid until moist. Top with Parmesan cheese.