Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a microwave cookbook that eventually fell apart. I saved this recipe, but I can't remember the name of the book to give credit. It is very easy & tastes like much more effort went into the dish. I added the "with sauce" to differentiate from another Italian chicken recipe I submitted earlier.
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Remove skin from chicken& place in an 12 by 8 inch microwave safe dish with the meatiest portions towards the outside of the dish.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together soup, tomato paste, spices,& mushrooms.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Microwave on high for 20 to 22 minutes, rotating dish if necessary, halfway through.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken& microwave on medium for 2 to 4 minutes, or till cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This was WONDERFUL!!!! This was my first time cooking with a microwave, sssssooooo easy. As a side dish I added a rice and veggie medley and poured some of the sauce over it, with sliced cucumber on the side. THIS ONE IS A KEEPER. I purchased the chicken with skin on(cheaper!!) so prep time was a little longer but oh well!!
Judy, We had this for dinner last night & may family loved it. They called it \