Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, by Bobbie Corwick from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon. Although this is sized for a 2.5-qt. Pressure Frypan, larger pressure cookers may also be used. Great served with polenta.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 frying chicken, skin removed and cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, stemmed and cored and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 16 ounces canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a 2.5-quart Pressure Frypan or larger pressure cooker, heat oil over high heat.
- Pat chicken dry and add chicken. Cook until browned on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside until Step 5.
- Add onion, green bell pepper and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add red wine vinegar to pan and stir to loosen any brown bits that may be sticking.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, basil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Close lid and bring pressure to 2nd red ring (high pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 2nd red ring. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method.
- Arrange chicken on a warm platter and cover with vegetables and sauce.