Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 chicken breasts, deboned,skined and split
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Cut the meat into 2 x 1/4 inch strips.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Melt margarine in pan add chicken and onion.
- Cook until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add cheese, cover and cook until melted.
- Serve over hot noodles.
This was a great, simple meal. I doubled the recipe, but not the butter (which I used instead of margarine) or the broth, and that worked fine. Also, I used Muenster cheese instead of mozzarella (just what I had on hand), and I added it to each serving of chicken with noodles instead of adding it to the pot while cooking because I knew my DD wouldn't want cheese on hers; the food was plenty hot to melt the cheese. Thanks for the recipe! I will definitely make this again!
Very fast, great tasting meal! Loved the mixture of the spices and butter which made a great sauce for over the noodles. Just want to say in the ingredient section of the recipe it does not mention the basil. I did add half a teaspoon. I also served it over buttered noodles. Thanks Dancer for tasty quick meal