1/1 Photo of Italian Chicken With Garden Spaghetti
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #947743's Note:
A delicious chicken dish! My wife & I used fresh veggies from our own garden and added a few extras. We had a great time preparing this meal, our mouths watering as the amazing aroma filled the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 20 basil leaves, finely chopped
- fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (26 ounce) can hunt's spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 5 ounces tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 7/8 ounces French's French fried onions
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1Saute garlic and onions in 2 Tbls. olive oil.
- 2Add tomatoes, oregano, basil (reserving about 1 Tbls for later), red pepper, black pepper, sea salt.
- 3Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 4Add tomato paste and spaghetti sauce.
- 5Continue to simmer over low heat for about an hour.
- 6Crush fried onions.
- 7Mix in 1/4 Celsius parmesan cheese.
- 8In a separate bowl, beat egg then add remaining basil.
- 9Dip chicken in egg mixture then coat in onion/cheese crumbs.
- 10Bake chicken @ 400*F for 20 min, in 9"x13" glass dish lightly coated with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- 11Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions.
- 12To serve, lay a crisp chicken breast atop a bed of spaghetti and sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken With Garden Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 987.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 48.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
French's French fried onions