Recipe by jimbostallings
A delicious chicken dish! My wife & I used fresh veggies from our own garden and added a few extras. We had a great time preparing this meal, our mouths watering as the amazing aroma filled the house.
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 20 basil leaves, finely chopped
- fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (26 ounce) canhunt's spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 5 ounces tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 7⁄8 ounces French's French fried onions
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic and onions in 2 Tbls. olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, basil (reserving about 1 Tbls for later), red pepper, black pepper, sea salt.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and spaghetti sauce.
- Continue to simmer over low heat for about an hour.
- Crush fried onions.
- Mix in 1/4 Celsius parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg then add remaining basil.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then coat in onion/cheese crumbs.
- Bake chicken @ 400*F for 20 min, in 9"x13" glass dish lightly coated with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions.
- To serve, lay a crisp chicken breast atop a bed of spaghetti and sauce.