Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious chicken dish! My wife & I used fresh veggies from our own garden and added a few extras. We had a great time preparing this meal, our mouths watering as the amazing aroma filled the house.
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 20 basil leaves, finely chopped
- fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (26 ounce) canhunt's spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 5 ounces tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 7⁄8 ounces French's French fried onions
- 1 egg
- grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- Saute garlic and onions in 2 Tbls. olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, basil (reserving about 1 Tbls for later), red pepper, black pepper, sea salt.
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and spaghetti sauce.
- Continue to simmer over low heat for about an hour.
- Crush fried onions.
- Mix in 1/4 Celsius parmesan cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg then add remaining basil.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then coat in onion/cheese crumbs.
- Bake chicken @ 400*F for 20 min, in 9"x13" glass dish lightly coated with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions.
- To serve, lay a crisp chicken breast atop a bed of spaghetti and sauce.
Very Good! Fresh ingredients from my garden made it my own. The chicken was easy to make and could be served with many other side dishes. Thanks!