Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
I modified this recipe from one that I found in the Kraft food and family magazine that comes out quarterly. It is really easy and is really good the next day for left overs too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta (1 box)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt, and spice (this may be hard to find, I can only find it at Walmart)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Over medium heat add a little olive oil to the pan and place chicken in pan.sprinkle with oregano and salt and spice and allow to brown.
- While chicken is browning slice red pepper into small pieces and add into pan along with mushrooms, garlic, capers (I add about 2 to 3 tablespoons because my 4 year old and 2 year old love to eat them. Allow to simmer together and then add the canned tomatoes.
- Boil water and cook noodles as directed (around 15 to 20 minutes total time). Stir the sauce occasionally.
- Once noodles are finished drain and rinse them then add them to the sauce and mix thoroughly. Then you are ready to sit down and enjoy a yummy dinner.