Italian Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Cover chicken in large soup pot with water and bring to boil. Add chopped onion, garlic and carrots. Simmer on low till vegetables are tender and meat is hot.
- Strain the chicken meat from the pot and dice chicken in small pieces. Skim for any bones or fat. Return cut up chicken to the pot. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, spinach and seasonings.
- Simmer for at least 40 mins more on low till all the flavors blend.
- May add small shell pasta or tortellini as desired in the end till tender. *But this raises the calories if you're counting.
- May garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with Crusty Italian bread and a salad.