A hearty warming soup with all the added vegetables to make this a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 leftover chicken carcass, with meat
- water, to cover
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced in coins
- 1 -2 small zucchini, sliced in small pieces
- 1 cup frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 28 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- 2 bay leaves
- 30 ounces chicken broth
- parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces small shell pasta (optional) or 4 ounces tortellini (optional)
- 1Cover chicken in large soup pot with water and bring to boil. Add chopped onion, garlic and carrots. Simmer on low till vegetables are tender and meat is hot.
- 2Strain the chicken meat from the pot and dice chicken in small pieces. Skim for any bones or fat. Return cut up chicken to the pot. Add the tomatoes, zucchini, spinach and seasonings.
- 3Simmer for at least 40 mins more on low till all the flavors blend.
- 4May add small shell pasta or tortellini as desired in the end till tender. *But this raises the calories if you're counting.
- 5May garnish with parmesan cheese.
- 6Serve with Crusty Italian bread and a salad.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 799.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: