Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great way to use sweet peppers from your garden. Although it can be eaten as is, we very often will serve it over thin pasta such as capellini. Very colorful with a marvellous flavor!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 sweet red peppers
- 3 sweet yellow peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 hot banana pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut chicken and sweet peppers into 1 inch chunks, cut onion into 1/2 inch chunks.
- In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; stir fry chicken for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and cook onion and garlic until softened.
- Add sweet & hot peppers and rosemary.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine, mustard, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken to skillet and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Stir in basil.
I made this for dinner tonight with a few changes. I used red and green peppers because that is what we had in the garden. We also have some vegetarians in our family. So I skipped the first steps of cooking the chicken. Instead I used a bag of Quorn tenders and they worked wonderfully. I also had to add an additional 1/2 cup of chicken stock. I served it over low carb angel hair pasta. We all thought that this was very good. I would make this again.