Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Here's one of our favorite ways to use up all that zucchini and yellow squash we have in the summer without heating up the whole kitchen. Serve this over your favorite pasta or egg noodles. It makes 8 servings which is twice as much as I need for my family so I freeze the other half in a big ziploc bag. It comes out of the freezer almost better than it was to begin with!
Top Review by Irish Rose
Wait! I pushed the star button before I gave it a written review. I wish I had remembered that you said this made a lot because it sure did. We have a lot of lunch meals to enjoy this coming week. Followed the recipe just as written and the next time I make it I think I might "spice it up a bit". We tend to like highly seasoned food. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 4 cups chicken, boned and cubed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic
- 2 cups zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups yellow squash, cubed (you can substitute eggplant, too)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional- I omit this)