Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Quick & easy to toss into the crockpot on a busy day & forget it. Serve with pasta & a green salad for a "ready when you are" supper.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless &,skinless
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled &,sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut chicken into bite size chunks.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Stir to mix well.
- Cover& cook on low setting 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
This was really good! Lots of flavour - I loved the "hidden" carrots. The chicken cooks perfectly in the sauce. I served over whole-wheat spaghettini.