Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this easy recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens "Holiday Inspirations" Book. A wonderful chicken appetizer that is easy and tastes GREAT!!! I recently served this at a Holiday get together and I was asked for this recipe from quite a few of my guests
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 2 pounds total (boneless and skinless)
- 18 leaves spinach, stems removed
- 6 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
basil mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1⁄2 small shallot
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- Place chicken breast half, boned side up between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound chicken lightly to 1/4 inch thickness. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves.
- Set aside.
- Place spinach leaves in a colander;pour boiling water over the leaves in a colander set in the sink. Drain spinach on paper towels.
- Place chicken breast half, smooth side down, on a cutting board or other flat surface. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange a slice of proscuitto on chicken. Spread a rounded teaspoons of cheese evenly over proscuitto. Arrange a few spinach leaves on top.
- Roll chicken tightly from one long edge and place seam side down, in a greased shallow baking pan. Repeat with remaining chicken breast halves. Combine olive oil and paprika; brush over chicken.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink; cool slightly. Cover abd refrigerate several hours.
- To serve, trim off ends. Cut each chicken roll into slices. Arrange slices on serving plate and garnish with kale, if desired. Serve with Basil Mayonnise.
- Basil Mayonnaise:.
- Place 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, 1/2 small shallot and 1/2 clove garlic in a food processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process or blend until almost smooth. cover and chill up to 4 hours. Serve in a sweet red pepper half.