Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
got this from the healthy, hearty cookbook. so easy + sooo good. cooking time doesnt include marinating time.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup light Italian dressing
- 8 slices French bread
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese
- combine chicken and dressing in ziploc bag, shake to coat.
- chill 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- remove chicken, discard marinade. grill in skillet over medium high heat 4 minutes each side or until chicken done.
- grill bread slices in same pan.
- combine lettuce and parmesan, arrange over 4 bread slices. top with chicken and remaining slices. serve immediately.
The Italian dressing as marinade was delicious!
We loved this! It was very flavorful - the parm. added so much! It was simple every one loved it :)
This sandwich is fabulous! Very filling yet light. The Parmesan is SO good with the Italian flavor of the chicken, and the lettuce adds a crunchy touch. I made 2 sandwiches instead of 4. Will be adding this one to my cookbook for sure ;)