Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love chicken salad, but I have an aversion to mayo, so this is a chicken salad I can live with. I don't always add the peas, and I sometimes add other veggies that I have on hand. I found this in the express Lane Cookbook by Sarah Fritschner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas or 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 green onions, diced
- Cook chicken on stovetop by placing in 1/2" boiling water, bring back to a boil and reduce to a simmer, turning after 5 minutes Cook until done, then cool and chop into cubes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add walnuts for 1-2 minutes, stirring as not to burn.
- Add peppers, stir.
- Drain juice from jar of artichokes into skillet.
- Chop artichokes into large pieces and add to skillet.
- Add peas and oregano.
- Cook about 3 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and stir.
- Sprinkle onions over salad.
- Serve warm or cold.