Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the Weight Watchers message boards.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 ounce) part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 slices of heavy-duty plastic wrap, pound to ¼ inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine basil, salt, and pepper; sprinkle half of mixture evenly over both sides of chicken.
- Place 1 string cheese stick across the center of each flattened chicken brest. Roll up chicken jelly roll fashion, starting with short end. Place chicken rollup, seam side down, in an 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining half of spice mixture, and coat with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour marinara sauce over chicken. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until chicken is done and tomato sauce is thoroughly heated.
We have this about every other week. You don't have to be on Weight Watchers to enjoy this one!