Recipe by Crazycook in PA
Quick and easy and oh so delicious boneless chicken breasts stuffed with garlic and monterey jack cheese and then rolled with an outside layer of prosciutto. Serve with linguine tossed with butter and freshly grated parmesan cheese and a nice green salad. Fontina cheese could be substituted for the monterey jack.
- 2 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 pieces prosciutto
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread garlic and 2 TB of the olive oil on top of chicken along with the basil.
- Add grated cheese on top.
- Roll up and secure with strips of prosciutto.
- Place chicken in a small baking dish.
- Pour wine and drizzle remaining olive oil on top.
- Bake, uncovered in a 325 degree oven for approximately 1 hour.