1/2 Photos of Italian Chicken Rolls
Filled with mozzarella cheese, these chicken rolls are delicious! You could replace the chicken broth by dried cherry. I serve this with fettucine or white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly until about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- 3Brush tops of chicken breasts with remaining oil. On each chicken breast, place 1 slice of the mozzarella cheese and one-quarter of the cooked onion.
- 4Combine garlic powder, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over chicken breasts. Fold in the sides and bottoms of chicken breasts; roll up each piece into a spiral, pressing edges to seal. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; roll chicken roll-ups in crumbs to coat. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle broth over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and onion salt. Place 1 tsp of the butter on top of each roll-up.
- 5Bake in 375F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 6Serve with pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 517.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 37.2 g