Recipe by Redsie
Filled with mozzarella cheese, these chicken rolls are delicious! You could replace the chicken broth by dried cherry. I serve this with fettucine or white rice.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Oh these are out of limits with goodness, taste, and easy to boot! This recipe is such a winner because it's a breeze to put together, and you get so much "bang" for your buck. I lightly pounded my chicken breasts out to the right length, and put in the mozzarella cheese and onions, adding a bit of freshly parsley too. Rolled it easily together doused in bread crumbs, and cooked away. I served mine with some very thin angel hair pasta, and all the chicken and yummy bits were scooped up all together. Thanks so much Redsie, we will be enjoying this for a long time to come.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound lightly until about 1/8 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with remaining oil. On each chicken breast, place 1 slice of the mozzarella cheese and one-quarter of the cooked onion.
- Combine garlic powder, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over chicken breasts. Fold in the sides and bottoms of chicken breasts; roll up each piece into a spiral, pressing edges to seal. Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl; roll chicken roll-ups in crumbs to coat. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle broth over chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and onion salt. Place 1 tsp of the butter on top of each roll-up.
- Bake in 375F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with pasta.