Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish can be made up to 24 hours before serving.
- 3 cups Italian-style tomato sauce
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, set aside
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pound chicken breast halves until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the low-fat ricotta cheese, 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese and 1 Tbsp snipped fresh parsley.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 Tbsp of cheese mixture onto each chicken breast.
- Fold in long sides and then roll from short end.
- Place seam side down in sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Measure out 1 cup of sauce; set aside.
- Next pour remaining 2 cups of tomato sauce over stuffed chicken breast.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove cover.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat remaining 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Place single serving of spaghetti on plate with chicken placed on top and some of the remaining heat sauce spooned over top of stuffed chicken breast.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was EXCELLENT!! I need not say more, dont touch or change a thing Joebud
With a newborn, anything that can be made in advance is a plus! My daughter loved the spaghetti and It was a great way to sneak chicken to my hubby (Tee-Hee). Thanks!