Prep 5 mins
Cook 28 mins
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh chicken ravioli
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk or 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the chicken ravioli according to package directions or until tender but still firm.
- Drain, keep warm.
- In a heavy frying pan or cast iron skillet, saute the shallots in butter over medium heat till golden, 3-4 minutes .
- Reduce heat to medium low, stir in the flour for 1 minute then the sage and basil.
- Add the chicken broth and whisk till the sauce is thick, 4-5 minutes .
- Stir in the milk bringing the sauce back to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over hot ravioli and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese and garnish with an additional teaspoon of fresh chopped basil.
- Serve chicken ravioli hot.