Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a simple dinner to prepare when you have leftover chicken, it's fast to put together and fast to dissappear. Even your picky eaters will go back for seconds.
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (5 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in pie plate. Mix chicken, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil, garlic powder and tomato paste; spoon over Parmesan cheese.
- Stir Bisquick mix, italian seasoning, 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
This was pretty good and an easy and different way to use some leftover chicken. I found the tomato paste made it a bit dry, so I added a half dozen cherry tomatoes cut in half and some mushroms for moisture. I think I would add tomato sauce or pizza sauce instead of the paste next time. Makes a lot and the leftovers will be my lunch for the week.
This was really yummy and easy. Kind of like pizza pie. Next time I might use ground beef or turkey.
This was really good and totally easy! I added a few chopped black olives and a bit of crushed red pepper. Thanks for sharing!