Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a simple dinner to prepare when you have leftover chicken, it's fast to put together and fast to dissappear. Even your picky eaters will go back for seconds.
Top Review by KelBel
This was pretty good and an easy and different way to use some leftover chicken. I found the tomato paste made it a bit dry, so I added a half dozen cherry tomatoes cut in half and some mushroms for moisture. I think I would add tomato sauce or pizza sauce instead of the paste next time. Makes a lot and the leftovers will be my lunch for the week.
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (5 ounces)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese in pie plate. Mix chicken, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, the oregano, basil, garlic powder and tomato paste; spoon over Parmesan cheese.
- Stir Bisquick mix, italian seasoning, 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.