Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can easily feed a crowd of 15 with this tasty chicken and peppers dish that is served over tender spaghetti.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 4 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into 2 inch long strips or 3 cups green peppers
- 4 medium onions, chopped or 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (67 ounce) jar Prego fresh mushroom italian sauce or 7 1⁄2 cups Prego fresh mushroom italian sauce
- 2 (1 lb) packages spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Heat the oil in an 8-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the peppers, onions and garlic in the saucepot. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the chicken mixture over the spaghetti.
- RECIPE TIPS:.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with crusty long Italian rolls. For dessert serve with fruit compote: slice fresh oranges, grapefruit, red grapes and apples.