Recipe by nadia murray
I really like this recipe because the combination of artichokes, roasted peppers and olives gives it a great flavor and it is quick and easy to do. I originally found it in Bon Appetit years ago and it has been a favorite ever since. I sometimes add sun-dried tomatoes in oil but it is really good the way it is- even cold the next day for lunch. I also sometimes use penne or other shaped pasta. This is my first recipe posting and I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by lakeout
This was good - but not 'great'. Although it was a nice change-of-pace from most chicken dinners, and surprisingly simple to make, nobody at the table rated it 4 or 5 stars. Thanks for sharing though!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 1 (9 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, drained
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 lb tricolor fusilli, freshly cooked
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, stirring and taking care not to brown the garlic, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken strips and stir until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in artichoke hearts and peppers with their liquid and olives and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over pasta and toss well.
- Serve, passing parmesan separately.