1/1 Photo of Italian Chicken Pasta
nadia murray's Note:
I really like this recipe because the combination of artichokes, roasted peppers and olives gives it a great flavor and it is quick and easy to do. I originally found it in Bon Appetit years ago and it has been a favorite ever since. I sometimes add sun-dried tomatoes in oil but it is really good the way it is- even cold the next day for lunch. I also sometimes use penne or other shaped pasta. This is my first recipe posting and I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into strips
- 1 (9 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, undrained
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, drained
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb tricolor fusilli, freshly cooked
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, stirring and taking care not to brown the garlic, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add chicken strips and stir until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 4Mix in artichoke hearts and peppers with their liquid and olives and heat through.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Pour over pasta and toss well.
- 7Serve, passing parmesan separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 966.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 40.5 g