This dish is great and easy for an everyday family dinner and great, easy and fancy enough for company. You can mix and match with chicken or seafood or both combined. Serve with a salad and your choice of warm bread. I've gotton many compliments on this one! If you want some leftovers, double this recipe for dinner serving of 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces thin pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or shrimp or scallops
- 1 medium onion, wedged
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup whipping cream or 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Cook pasta.
- 2Cook chicken, onion& garlic in hot oil until no longer pink.
- 3Drain and return to pan.
- 4Stir in undrained tomatoes, sauce& seasonings.
- 5Bring to a boil, simmer uncovered until thickened (about 10 min.) Slowly add cream and stir constantly.
- 6Serve over pasta.
- 7You can garnish with black pepper and green onions.
- 8*To help thicken sauce, dredge chicken or seafood in flour prior to cooking it.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken (or Shrimp) w/Tomato Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 368.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: