Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is great and easy for an everyday family dinner and great, easy and fancy enough for company. You can mix and match with chicken or seafood or both combined. Serve with a salad and your choice of warm bread. I've gotton many compliments on this one! If you want some leftovers, double this recipe for dinner serving of 4.
- 4 ounces thin pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or shrimp or scallops
- 1 medium onion, wedged
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook pasta.
- Cook chicken, onion& garlic in hot oil until no longer pink.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, sauce& seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, simmer uncovered until thickened (about 10 min.) Slowly add cream and stir constantly.
- Serve over pasta.
- You can garnish with black pepper and green onions.
- *To help thicken sauce, dredge chicken or seafood in flour prior to cooking it.
This was a very tasty and very easy recipe to prepare. I served this to guests and it got great compliments. I used 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, cut them bite size and dusted them with a small amount of flour, so I didn't need to thicken the sauce. 5 minutes before the sauce was done, I added 16 medium, cleaned and deveined shrimp. Served it over fettuccini. Thanks for the recipe! Will make this one again!
This is a great recipe, it is easy quick and delicious. I substited Italian tomatoes for the diced tomato and omited the Italian Seasoning. It was perfect!!! I will definately make this again.
I've been looking for a creamy tomato sauce recipe for some time and this fills the bill nicely. Great flavor and creaminess. The next time I plan to use Cajun Seasoning instead of Italian for a slightly different twist. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!