Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Unique blend of flavors & healthy low-carb. Served over mashed potatoes, pasta, rice or wrap in tortilla with Dijon Mustard & Mozzarella, but that may be another Recipe! Also can be frozen & reheated with retention of flavor.
- 1 lb chicken liver
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf, slivered
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- Rinse & drain Livers in colander. Put flour (crushed pork rinds may be used for Low Carb alternative). Salt & pepper in Ziploc bag. Add the livers in batches & shake until covered. Place on baking sheet in single layers. Slice garlic (if needed, I used dried minced),mince onion & mushrooms.
- In large pan, cook the sausages (remove casings first!) brown evenly. Remove from pan, Reserve.
- Add the livers to the same pan in batches. Do not crowd or they'll stick together! Cook till crisp & remove to plate. Reserve.
- Add the garlic, stir a couple of times, add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, till the onions are translucent. Add the mushrooms & sage, ( I used dried crumpled leaf sage). Continue to stir til the mushrooms are tender (if fresh, I used canned.)Add the Marsala & stir, scraping up any browned bits. Simmer a couple of minutes, add the livers & sausage. Simmer for 3-4 minute longer & serve.