Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Enchiladas with an Italian twist!
Make and share this Italian Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- In a small saucepan, heat sauce until heated through.
- Meanwhile, remove bones from chicken; cut meat into bite-size strips.
- Finely chop dried tomatoes.
- Toss together the chicken, tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and green onion.
- To assemble enchiladas, coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 2 tablespoons pasta sauce over bottom of dish.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture just below center of each tortilla.
- Roll up.
- Place seam-side down in dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken mixture and tortillas.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish sliced green onions.
Used a homemade, meatless pasta sauce for this recipe, as well as about 2 cups of shredded chicken breast that I had on hand & a finely chopped green onion!! Also used 1/2 cup of mozzarella & monterey jack, for a very tasty dish! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]