Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A cheesy chicken dish.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon basil
- parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese, sliced thin and in triangles
- Dip chicken into beaten egg, coating well, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Brown in olive oil.
- Drain chicken and place in casserole dish in a single layer.
- Using olive oil left in skillet, add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, butter, basil, and garlic powder.
- Simmer and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, uncover, top with triangles of mozzarella cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes.