Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Originally found in a Southern Living cookbook, this is my favorite way to make boneless chicken breasts. You'll want to make extra because it tastes even better cold as leftovers or in a sandwich.
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- Using a meat mallet, pound each piece of chicken between sheets of wax paper til 1/4" thick.
- Combine bread crumbs and next 5 ingredients.
- Dip chicken in eggs, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add extra oil if necessary.
- Drain on paper towels.
The last of my picks for "Pick Your Chef". Made these and used them for chicken sandwiches. They were easy to make, and the different seasonings gave them a really good flavor. The chicken stayed moist too. Served them on a sesame seed hamburger bun with sliced mozzarella and some marinara sauce...made a great chicken parmigiana sandwich!! YUM! I'll definitely make these again!
This is a great recipe. Simple and very tasty. Nice crisp flavorful crust and chicken stays very moist. I use these cutlets with several of my recipes. They are wonderful with Chicken Parmesan.
Easy and so good! Tender, and full of flavor. Thanks Marie for posting this easy chicken cutlet recipe.
It is a real keeper!