Recipe by hungrykitten
FRom TOH Simple & Delicious mag Sept/Oct 2008.
Top Review by anozira86
This tasted much better than I expected. It's such a simple recipe but delivers a lot of flavor. Instead of making the sauce with corn starch I just put a half cup of rice in the crockpot in the last 20-30 minutes of cooking. Delicious!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 5 quart slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes , 3/4 cup water, onion, bouillon and seasonings; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170 degrees.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Pour cooking juices into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and rice.