Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
One of my easiest and favourite way to eat chicken. It takes only a few minutes to prepare and then all you have to do is enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (1 ounce) part-skim mozzarella cheese, string
- cooking spray
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of heavy-duty plastic wrap, pound to 1/4 inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine basil, salt and pepper; sprinkle half of mixture evely over both sides of chicken.
- Place 1 string cheese stick across the center of each flattened chicken breast. Roll up chicken jelly roll fashion, starting with short end. Place chicken roll-up, seam side down, in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining half of spice mixture, and coat with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Pour tomato sauce over chicken. Bake uncovered, at 350F for 35 minutes or until chicken is done and tomato sauce heated.
This was ok, I wasn't sure about the flavour... seemed a little bland to me. It was alright but nothing to rave about... don't think I would make this again....
Great recipe! It was very tasty and filling, and the fact that it was lower in fat and calories was just a bonus! The basil really added a great touch. Definitely going to be making this one again!
Delicious, easy and fast best describes this recipe. Perfect for a week night, plus the pounding is good stress relief from a day at work. I used a spicy roasted garlic spagetti sauce as the tomato sauce and it worked really well with the basil / chicken / mozzarella flavours. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Redsie.