1/8 Photos of Italian Chicken Casserole
This is a recipe for a creamy baked chicken spaghetti recipe. I enjoy this recipe because it doesn't contain any "cream of" soups and it's very simple to make. The creamy red sauce is just delicious, I think. This recipe is from Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked and kept warm
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- 2In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes, or until tender.
- 4Stir in chicken, tomatoes and cream.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 6Add cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese; cook, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted.
- 7Add pasta, tossing gently to coat.
- 8Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese.
- 10Bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 298.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with garlic