Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful easy one dish meal which makes its own sauce. Yummy!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 3 large potatoes, cut in 1" slices
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 236.59 ml canned tomato, drained and chopped
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- chopped parsley (, to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and remove skin from chicken thighs.
- Pat dry.
- Salt and pepper thighs and dredge in flour.
- Fry just until browned.
- Place in single layer in casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Arange potatoes in between chicken.
- Cover with layer of onion slices.
- Spoon tomatoes over onions.
- Add salt and pepper and sprinkle with basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stir ingredients and return to oven for another 30 minutes or til potatoes and chicken are done.
- Baste frequently with pan juices during last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer to serving dish, pour juices over top and garnish with parsley.
Very yummy. Will definately make again. I cooked it only 40 min, and the chicken was done!
What a tasty but simple recipe! I also added garlic for a little bit more flavour and use drumsticks. A hit with the children and us grown ups alike!!!
This was delicious, I used 3 skinless thighs, one 400 gram tin crushed tomatoes and added a little garlic. Makes a lovely thick sauce. I didnt use any olive oil. Great recipe.