Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a different meat dish to serve with pasta. I usually serve it with bow-tie pasta or rigatoni. It can also be served with fettuccini or spaghetti. A crisp salad and some crusty bread and you have a great meal.
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or more to taste)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- CHICKEN BREASTS:.
- In a medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, 2 cups of the flour, parsley flakes, Parmesan cheese, and dressing mix.
- Whisk together milk and eggs in a shallow bowl until well blended.
- Place remaining cup of flour in another shallow bowl.
- Coat the chicken with flour and shake off the excess.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the cheese mixture.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the cheese mixture and press it into the chicken.
- Heat about 1/8 inch vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- MARINARA SAUCE:.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, garlic& bell pepper and saute' for 3 minutes stirring constantly to prevent it from burning.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- To serve, put cooked pasta in a large pasta bowl or platter.
- Pour some of the marinara sauce over the top.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top and pour the remainder of the marinara sauce over all.