Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very simple and delicious weeknight dinner to prepare! Serve with some good garlic bread.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (whichever brand you prefer)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375' Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder and brown in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side.
- While chicken is browning, rinse spinach and tear into smaller pieces.
- Put in microwave-safe bowl, cook on High with 1 tablespoon water for 3 minutes.
- Mix in ricotta cheese and seasonings.
- Place a thin layer of pasta sauce in bottom of 2-qt.
- baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Spoon one fourth of ricotta cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. of sauce on top of ricotta cheese mixture.
- Place slices of mozzarella cheese on top of sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions and serve with rest of heated pasta sauce.
This is superb, so easy to make so nice to look at and so delicious to eat. I used frozen spinach and Dolmios garden vegetable spaghetti sauce, this is a definite gourmet meal, thank you for sharing. :)
I've remade this dish and can now add it to my family's favorites! The Italian seasoning was what it was missing in my previous review and now the mozzarella is added to the list and it works for us. Thanks Little Bee, this is yummy!
This was delicious, inexpensive, and so easy to make!! My family loved it. I could not believe how little time it took to make this gourmet meal. This is a keeper I will continue to make through the years. Thanks so much!!