Recipe by Hines' Honey
This is a delicious chicken meal that I can up with one Friday evening, when my husband wanted something with an italian flair and I could not stomach the thought of a pasta and red sauce dish. This seemed to please both of our taste buds as well as our three year old daughter's.
Top Review by weekend cooker
This was a very good dish, actually had better results than we expected. Enjoyed the addition of the pine nuts, a very nice touch, and added some extra Italian seasonongs. Used the grill outside for the first time this year, as the chicken was grilled. Great dish ! ! Made for PAC 2013.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders, cooked (I grilled my on a charcoal grilled, this seemed to really enhance the flavor, but is not necessary b)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Chicken tenders. Season with salt and pepper.You can grill them, bake them or pan sear them. In any case, baste with italian dressing as they cook.
- According to box directions, prepare rice. You can use instant rice, or long grain rice, whichever you prefer. Also you can make more or less -depending or how big of rice eaters your family tends to be.
- Layer cooked rice in the bottom of a 9X13 baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 tsp of italian seasoning, 1/4 C of italian dressing, and salt and pepper.
- Next layer the chicken tenders over the rice.
- Cover the chicken with the diced tomatoes, onions and chopped pine nuts.
- Sprinkle with the remaining italian seasoning and italian dressing.
- Slice the fresh mozerella cheese and cover the top of the entire pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.