Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken, Beans, Spinach and Tomatoes with Mozzarella Cheese. A one dish dinner variation on the Spinach and Beans Au Gratin already posted on this site.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut in to bite size pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- In a large ovenproof pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until tender.
- Add chicken pieces and stir occasionally until nearly cooked through.
- Add tomtaoes, beans, chicken broth, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add frozen spinach, cover dish and continue cooking on medium heat until spinach is hot.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and place under broiler until cheese is melted, bubbly, and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
My husband and I loved this so much I made it again the next night. Very flavorful and so easy! On a side note, the leftovers do not taste as good the second day. Be sure to eat your fill when you make it!