Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Almost all my recipes are dessert-oriented; I thought I should contribute something else for a change of pace. I found this one on an IBS-friendly recipe website; it is attributed to someone named Tess Louise. I made it with my mom and sister one night; we altered it according to our tastes & eliminated the honey and red pepper flakes, and increased the garlic. We also lessened the original cooking time of the chicken since it seemed to be getting dry--you can play that by ear. Very yummy and quick--could dress it up a bit more by using angel hair or penne pasta.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- chopped parsley
- 1 peeled lemon, thinly sliced in wheels
- cooked orzo pasta or elbow macaroni, for serving
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper as desired.
- Sauté in large nonstick pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until lightly browned on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add drained, halved artichoke hearts and dressing.
- Simmer uncovered and reduce sauce for about 3 minutes.
- Top chicken with thin wheels of lemon; cook 2 minutes or until dressing thickens.
- Top with parsley and serve over orzo, macaroni, or pasta of choice.