Recipe by out of here
Very good served over my Fettuccini Alfredo #120071. Serve with garlic bread. It is made easily in the crockpot, and the smell of it cooking is wonderful.
Top Review by Michelle S.
With ROS's approval I made some changes for dietary reasons. I wanted this thicker and more stew like, so I elimated 1 jar of sauce. I added 1 large potabello mushroom chunked and used chunks of boneless skinless thighs that I had prebrowned with garlic before throwing into the crockpot. I rinsed out the sauce jar with about 1/3 cup dry white wine and that went into the pot with half the amount of spices and 2 cloves of minced garlic. It came out exactly as I wanted it. For myself I served this over baked eggplant slices, for the family pasta. It was wonderful and we will have it often. The scets that waft through your home while this is cooking are mouthwatering!
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 -2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 -4 zucchini, sliced
- 2 (28 ounce) jarstraditional style prego pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the peppers and onion until tender-crisp, in a skillet with 2 tablespoons hot olive oil. Set aside.
- Fry the zucchini in the drippings in pan until tender-crisp.
- Pour the pasta sauce in crock pot, put in the chicken, peppers and zucchini.
- Add the seasoning.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.