Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The following recipe is courtsey of Paula Deen. Easy and absolutely delicious. I have also added ditali pasta to this recipe for a nice addition. Other small shaped pasta would work equally as well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot (about 3 small)
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini, sliced (about 2 medium)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add onion and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top each serving with grated Parmesan, if desired.
We loved this soup! I added some minced garlic to the olive oil. Loved the fresh parmesan on top!
My family and I really enjoyed this recipe.
This is my favorite soup! Light, full of veggies, lower carb....delicious too!