Recipe by Bonnie Traynor
A wonderful quick and easy meal. I came up with this because I always have a ton of canned tomatoes on hand and a bunch of chicken. I wanted something different and low calorie. Once I snuck a bunch of broccoli VERY chopped up in here. I had to cook it forever so the husband couldn't tell it was in the dish, but it work like a charm! He still loved it!! Enjoy! (Pasta is included in the nutritional information, so cut back on that if you are watching your weight.)
Top Review by Outnumbered By Peanuts
We served this for dinner last night. I doubled everything except for only using 3 large garlic cloves and only about 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes. I used 3 tbsp tomato paste total and may even add a little more in the future to thicken it up a bit more. I did use the penne, but next time my husband suggested serving it over spaghetti noodles. This was an easy recipe and we'll be making it again in the future. Thanks!
- 1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you like it hotter)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 lb penne pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut raw chicken into small cubed pieces.
- Place into skillet with Tbsp of olive oil.
- Cook until the chicken is almost done.
- Then add the chopped garlic and onion and continue to cook until the meat is completely cooked.
- Add tomatoes, Italian spices, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to cook for about 3-7 minutes more.
- Then add in the tomato paste.
- Cook about 5-7 minutes more to complete.
- Meanwhile, heat the pasta according to the package directions.
- After cooking the pasta, drain but do not rinse.
- Serve the sauce over the pasta and enjoy!