Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I get emails for gluten free recipes and this was in an email I received today. It sounds very good, but I haven't tried it yet. This is gluten free and if you omit the cheese can be dairy free as well. I personally don't care for green beans so I am keeping them here as optional.
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, add more as desire
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 14 ounces French style green beans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (to taste)
- 2 pinches basil
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray or use butter or oil. Sauté chicken and onion for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes and spices. Bring to boil, stir in rice and beans.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand 3 minutes covered.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired.