Recipe by Brianne K
Quick one pot meal, great all year round.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Made this for dinner today. Good recipe, made as directed, with the exception of having to use regular sharp cheese instead of white. Only thing I will do different next time will be to use tomatoes with green chilis for a little heat. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) package chicken tenders (skinless)
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 cup extra- sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- I use the eye and palm method of measuring my herbs. So the above measurements are estimated.
- Shred cheese and set aside. I use 1/2 the brick. Cover or it will get hard.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- I use either the tenders or 2 boneless skinless breast. depends on what's in the freezer.
- In large skillet (w/lid) add broth, tomatoes w/juice, crumble Italian seasoning in fingers as you add to broth and garlic powder based on if you like garlic -- hehehe. I start w/ just a small palm full. Bring broth to low boil. Stir in rice and chicken.
- Reduce heat to low simmer and cover. set timer for 20 minute.
- Stir in cheese and serve hot -- or warm.
- This is one of my partners favorites, and I always add more garlic for him --.