Recipe by Lainey6605
This is a family favorite recipe that I got from Eating Light. This recipe makes enough chicken to reserve some (2 thighs and 2 drumsticks) for another use.
Top Review by SDiaz000
I am always looking for something new for the kids. This recipe was fantastic. The minute my 5 yr. old smelled it cooking she wanted to eat. I will make this again and have already shared it too.
- 6 chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 yellow bell peppers, cored and quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450 degrees; line 2 rimmed baking sheets with nonstick foil.
- Divide chicken, potatoes and peppers between prepared pans.
- Drizzle each with 1 T olive oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Toss well to coat evenly; spread in one layer.
- Roast pans side by side (turning chicken and vegetables once) 30-35 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thighs, not touching bone, registers 175 degrees F and potatoes are tender and browned.
- Reserve and wrap 2 each thighs and drumsticks and 4 yellow pepper quarters.
- Refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Serve remaining chicken and vegetables.